Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
Java / J2EE developer responsible for a database application which supplies MyStateStreet with custody data. CustodyNet provides real-time Custody data by fund for trades, corporate actions, income postings, and other cash activity as well as share and currency positions for all settlement locations/currencies around the World. It provides multi-view and flexible formats for summary and detail information. It is a Web Browser application with Near Real Time data flow from our core custody systems SMAC, GSMAC, GIC, HOGAN, IBS, ETD and NRA.
• Play a lead developer role within a small team environment.
• Analyze, design and develop front end application as per requirement from Product team, team of analysts, business team and Process Excellence team.
• Responsible to maintain code as per CIS security policies by scanning and removing any flaws detected by application security scanning software.
• Triage production issues by reviewing code and logs as needed
• Key hands on resource with 3 years of software development experience with a minimum of 3 years of strong programming experience with Java, J2EE, JSP, Java Scripts, PL/SQL stored procedures and Oracle technologies.
• Strong understanding of Cloud framework / technology.
• Good understanding of PL/ SQL , Unix / Perl Scripting and MessageQueue.
• Experience with Application security scanning software preferable Veracode.
• Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices (code reviews, unit testing etc.).
• B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
• Extensive hands-on experience with source code management best practices, continuous integration, and automated testing
• Experience with automated job control system like autosys.
• Ability to analyze business requirements and develop solutions to the developer / analysts and business needs
• Strong communication skills, self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible.
• Strong collaboration skills, working with multiple teams in various locations in an agile environment.
• Past experience working in the Cloud technology and Financial industry preferred.
• Past experience working in onshore /offshore team model.
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.