Java / J2EE developer responsible for a database application which supplies MyStateStreet with custody data. CustodyNet provides real-time Custody data by fund for trades corporate actions income postings and other cash activity as well as share and currency positions for all settlement locations/currencies around the World. It provides multi-view and flexible formats for summary and detail information. It is a Web Browser application with Near Real Time data flow from our core custody systems SMAC GSMAC GIC HOGAN IBS ETD and NRA.
• Play a lead developer role within a small team environment.
• Analyze design and develop front end application as per requirement from Product team team of analysts business team and Process Excellence team.
• Responsible to maintain code as per CIS security policies by scanning and removing any flaws detected by application security scanning software.
• Triage production issues by reviewing code and logs as needed
• Key hands on resource with 3 years of software development experience with a minimum of 3 years of strong programming experience with Java J2EE JSP Java Scripts PL/SQL stored procedures and Oracle technologies.
• Strong understanding of Cloud framework / technology.
• Good understanding of PL/ SQL Unix / Perl Scripting and MessageQueue.
• Experience with Application security scanning software preferable Veracode.
• Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices (code reviews unit testing etc.).
• B.S. or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
• Extensive hands-on experience with source code management best practices continuous integration and automated testing
• Experience with automated job control system like autosys.
• Ability to analyze business requirements and develop solutions to the developer / analysts and business needs
• Strong communication skills self-motivated detail oriented and highly responsible.
• Strong collaboration skills working with multiple teams in various locations in an agile environment.
• Past experience working in the Cloud technology and Financial industry preferred.
• Past experience working in onshore /offshore team model.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.