Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Application Development Engineer (Combustion)
at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The main responsibilities include carrying-out laboratory test programs focused on the development of new oxy-fuel combustion technologies and equipment, primarily for the global Glass industry. These responsibilities also include developing and implementing engineered solutions based on the customer's requirements, making presentations/proposals, and working with multi-functional teams to implement solutions at the customer. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges of a hands-on, customer-focused R&D role, and the rewards of leading a project from idea inception through commercialization. Some travel in support of customer trials and external partnering will be required. Principal Responsibilities
Background and Qualifications
- Develop novel equipment and processes that utilize oxygen to enhance combustion in glass melting furnaces.
- Lead design, fabrication and lab testing of prototypes.
- Work with Commercial Technology engineers to execute customer trials of new technology.
- Develop and manage intellectual property portfolios.
- Provide global technical support, as needed, for commercialized offerings.
- PhD in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of combustion, heat transfer, fluid mechanics and mechanical design
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with equipment fabricators a plus
- Knowledge of 3D CAD system a plus
- Passion, creativity and a drive to learn and succeed
- Publications, patents, and participation in activities of professional societies will be a plus.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) is a world-leading Industrial Gases company in operation for over 75 years. The Company's core industrial gases business provides atmospheric and process gases and related equipment to manufacturing markets, including refining and petrochemical, metals, electronics, and food and beverage. Air Products is also the world's leading supplier of liquefied natural gas process technology and equipment. The Company had fiscal 2017 sales of $8.2 billion from continuing operations in 50 countries and has a current market capitalization of approximately $30 billion. Approximately 15,000 passionate, talented and committed employees from a diversity of backgrounds are driven by Air Products' higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on Search job openings. You can apply specifically to Job Req #21544BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
A little about us:
Opportunities for veterans with experience in instrument, electrical, and mechanical environments.