Full-Time, Direct Hire DevOps Engineer
Ownership and opportunity in this role:
• As a Lead DevOps engineer, you will take the lead in role in maintaining and improving continuous integration infrastructure for the software development team.
• You will be responsible for the setup, configuration and maintenance of the source code control system, the defect tracking tools and the build system.
• Support production servers
• Build and release and deploy software into production (major releases, hot fixes and minor changes)
• Manage network and application monitoring tools
• Help troubleshoot latencies at the hardware, software, or network level and identify root cause
• Troubleshoot application alerts from monitoring tools and follow necessary playbook steps to resolve or escalate appropriately.
• Work directly with remote Application Development team to help reproduce and resolve customer issues
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple services
• Analyze data to improve infrastructure and provide feedback into product engineering
Attributes you will need to be successful in this role :
• Entrepreneurial spirit and self-driven with a strong focus on business outcomes
• You are "battle tested"
• You have pushed beyond your defined areas of competence and have a holistic view of technical environment.
• At ease communicating and collaborating with distributed teams and across functional teams.
• Someone who seeks continuous improvement!
• Person should be comfortable working independently and function well within the team.
• Brings a curious passion about automation.
Skills needed for success in this role:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Linux/Unix environment
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in cloud/online service operations
• Experience with cloud server environments - Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, RDS, VPC, Auto-scaling groups
• Experience with Continuous Integration.
• Experience in Systems Engineering and Administration with an emphasis on security
• Experience using configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef
• Experience with one or more web servers and application frameworks, i.e. Tomcat, Apache
• Experience with relational SQL databases, i.e. MSSQL, MySQL
• Hands on experience maintaining REST/JSON Web Services
• Experience with Anjuar.JS is a HUGE plus
For immediate consideration, please send your resume directly to Ted Keigler at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call him directly at (410) 783-6290.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.