Robert Half Technology is searching for a Development Manager in the Las Vegas, NV area.
The Development Manager directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the activities of development staff that perform technical systems analysis, design, development, and maintenance activities in support of business systems. The Development Manager is a technical leader and possesses advanced technical and business knowledge and skills. The Development Manager is skilled in information management techniques, structured system development methodologies, software development tools, and change management theory.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Engineering Specifications: Understands, interprets and translates development requirements into the necessary designs and documentation.
• Software Design: Understands standard software modeling techniques used to describe system designs; designs components of larger software systems; utilizes existing system components that can be leveraged by multiple applications; understands capabilities of environment.
• Software Process Knowledge: Knowledge of end to end product life cycle as well as product operational cycle -conception to delivery to ongoing operations.
• Software Programming: Understands concepts of source code control and how to use tools; translates the design specification into physical code; creates and assembles code modules from existing code repositories; has detailed knowledge of one or more programming languages; uses common development tools for required language, platform, database, middleware and environment.
• Systems Analysis: Determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes, knowledge of products and system architecture.
Education: BS/BA degree in a related technical discipline and 6 - 10 years experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within the cubicle area.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
• Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.