Candidates will be part of the Power Solutions Training Program. This program is geared towards students that are looking for a career in Application Engineering. The goal of the program is to give recent college graduates the opportunity to quickly develop the skills, knowledge, abilities, and relationships necessary for a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- The role is focused on engineering, programming, and commissioning of systems typically used in the monitoring and control of electrical power distribution.
- This is a customer facing position and the successful candidate must work well in a team environment and will interface directly with contractors and end-users daily.
- Responsibilities for this position include performing software installation and start-up services, troubleshooting equipment and device communications, and providing customer training for the commissioned system.
- Specific Tasks may include
- Consulting with customers to determine system operation requirements
- Specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project
- Designing electrical control panels
- Programming of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) applications and Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI's)
- Installing Schneider Electric and other 3 rd party software
- Configuring and commissioning Schneider Electric and 3rd party hardware
- Performing start-up services and system troubleshooting
- Providing training for commissioned system
- Documenting project at project completion
- Engineers based on regional teams will travel up to 50% outside of home area to customer sites. Majority of travel is domestic with occasional international opportunities. Engineers based in Nashville may require some travel, but typically less than regional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with people with a wide range of technical backgrounds
- Understanding of Basic Electrical Power Concepts
- Computer skills and knowledge, particularly relating to server, network and operating system installation and configuration
- Coop work experience in designing electrical control systems, PLC programming/troubleshooting, HMI configuration including graphical screen development
- Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, ModbusTCP, BacNet, Profibus
- SQL Database querying and programming experience
- Understanding of Power Quality standards
- Knowledge in computer programming languages (VB, C#, C , Java script, ASP)
- Knowledge in computer networking architectures, topologies and hardware
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Positions for Application Engineers are available locally in Nashville and on regional teams. Regional Teams are in all major metropolitan areas through out the United States. Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.