This position is responsible for providing various aspects of development and customer support for Building Management Systems (BMS) including Continuum and Struxureware. Expertise in programming sequences of operation for large and complex systems is required. Knowledge of Modbus and Bacnet is desired. Assists in developing new business, provides product application support to customers and sales engineers. Responsible for providing customers with technical support for development, implementation and system integration of specialized applications or software packages. Applicant must have strong communication & customer service skills to be able to interpret customer desires and preferences. Also have the technical skills to troubleshoot hardware and software system failures. Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about products and services. Limited travel will be required.
Application Engineer Duties:
• Develops code to control mechanical devices used for delivery of ventilation, steam, chilled water, hot water, and humidification.
• Resolves programming problems by clarifying the project manager’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Promotes, builds, and maintains good relations with the customers, consultants and project management; keeps supervisor informed of needs and actual or potential problems.
• Provides technical guidance and support including set-up, check-out, operation, and troubleshooting complex building automation and control systems; verifies functional performance of systems.
• Provides recommendation on equipment/systems operation and modification for energy conservation, efficiency, and reliability.
• Performs emergency connections to neutralize alarm conditions and restore proper operation.
Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Skills/Qualifications: • Ability to read and interpret blueprints, flow charts, schematic, and control sequences, which may also involve various software languages and formats. • Ability to analyze complex control sequences and resulting operations, and to develop innovations that solve difficult technical problems.
• Skill in dealing with customers, contractors, and consultants.
• Ability to acquire, through training and on the job experience, specialized knowledge in rapidly changing technology and applications.
• Skill in use of personal computers.
• Skill in both verbal and written communication.
• Knowledgeable with controls, sensing and actuating devices. Minimum Qualifications: Five years' experience with programming; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge skills and abilities have been achieved. Desired Qualifications:
• Knowledge in various operator workstations, servers, databases, digital interface units, and standard HVAC tools of the trade in troubleshooting software, hardware, field equipment failures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of or experience in: Modbus, BACnet .
• Knowledge of heat transfer and fluid flow and the application of mechanical devices used for delivery of ventilation, steam, chilled water, hot water, and humidification.
• Provides analytical assistance concerning mechanical systems in data center central plants.
• Provides technical instruction and training to other personnel on basic theory, proper system programming, troubleshooting techniques and corrections.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.