Our Mission Critical Program has an opening for a Application Engineer in Raleigh NC.
Position Overview :
Eaton Corporation is one of the largest and most experienced industrial service organizations in North America. With more than 700 highly trained professionals in 80 engineering service locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, Eaton Corporation has a complete local, national, and international capability, to provide a full range of electrical and mechanical equipment services. This broad range of service capabilities has established EESS as the leader in the engineering service industry.
EESS provides a unique capability when you are faced with a major capital project or expansion of your electrical power system. Our division organization, with technical and professional experts on utility and industrial power systems, provides a vast resource from which to draw on in staffing your project. Years of division experience as an electrical equipment manufacturer and engineering service provider in industrial and utility plant environments uniquely qualifies EESS to handle turnkey projects where it is imperative to provide an efficient cost-effective installation while meeting or exceeding design requirements.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Interpret project specifications and provide detailed specification responses, including assisting Sales with technical proposals/bid packages
- Create proposals for projects <$1M and LOAs to be reviewed for all projects.
- Be a liaison for the Mission Critical business to Customers, UPS plants, Inside Sales, and Large Systems support groups.
- Support for customized UPS requirements and pricing.
- Review mission critical proposals for correct BOM and content.
- Review orders upon receipt for to assure accuracy
- Interface with Project Execution team for gear applications and order summary information
- Provide technical assistance (including warranty request) after order receipt & interface with the plant and global services as necessary
- Act as a Project Manager for small projects that primarily do not include required site visits and support the customer/installer remotely.
- Prepare UPS electronic submittals for customer orders as necessary (paper copies as required)
- Participate in the financial development and approval of cost estimates for proposals with bid team. Owner of the profitability of projects.
- Develop SOV and assist project engineers and finance with analysis of VSOE
- Assist project team with maintaining an accurate set of project documents.
- Manage project purchasing functions (purchase requisitions) and engage buyers for quotation support from vendors.
- Communicate project schedule delays, impact on revenue in between project reviews to project engineers, coordinators, finance, and manager.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technical from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years engineering experience
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles of the locations listed will be considered
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Bachelors of Science in Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Certification
- Experience with proposal development in both private sector and government bids; experience with proposal development for all of Eaton's end markets (Industrial, Commercial, Healthcare, Utility, Institutional and Government).
- Experience with government proposal procedures such as technical and price proposal separation, reps and certifications, and government evaluation factors.
- Experience in writing and reviewing subcontractor work scopes and Subcontractor agreements; preferred experience with GSA purchasing procedures; being able to evaluate proposals for specification compliance; experience with risk evaluation and risk management.
- Estimating experience electrical system installations
- Minimum of 5 years experience with electrical industry related application engineering and proposal development
Position Criteria :
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Adept at successful project execution
- Strong experience to deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to be flexible to adjust to changing project conditions.
- Strong computer skills
- Capable of multitasking and responding quickly on time sensitive requests.
- Pro-active to customer needs.
- Problem solving skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.