Application Engineer - Cummins Mid South
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world's leading clean, engine technology. We're also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Working Right .
Cummins delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Memphis, TN for an Application Engineer.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways: Customer facing role the Applications Engineer
Skills and Experience Required:
- Applies basic knowledge of engineering principles and practices to assigned tasks.
- Assists in developing technical specifications, implementing designs, and delivering high performance, low-cost equipment or system results integrated with customers' solutions.
- Interfaces with sales and marketing teams to design and deliver solutions.
- Uses prescribed and innovative methods, and works with adequate guidance.
- Participates as a team member and actively contributes towards team goals.
- Carries out partially defined and moderately complex tasks.
- Demonstrates good understanding and applies knowledge of an engineering discipline.
- Applies engineering and/or scientific skills and continues to develop experience in creating engineering solutions.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
- Installation Quality Assurance (IQA) - Has a basic understanding of the Installation Review Process, including the tools and processes associated with the various markets.
- Cross-Functional Design Review - Can conduct a cross-functional design review with limited guidance. Has completed at least one formal design review, either independently or with assistance.
- Product Validation - Understands the measures of data quality, methods of analysis and available tools. Includes the understanding of the work flow required to schedule, install, setup, calibrate, and operate the equipment associated with testing.
- Project Mangement - Can apply the principles, techniques, and procedures of project management, and is able to use the tools appropriately as part of their work with limited assistance.
- Manage Customer Relationships - Basic understanding of techniques and tools to enhance productivity (i.e. schedules, appointments, call plans, etc). Has a basic understanding of attitudes and behaviors to establish relationships and build trust. Understands the need to and responds with the appropriate time frame to customer needs.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Business Administration or Engineering is required.
Base Salary commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.