Product Knowledge - Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits of the products in terms a customer will understand. Knowledge of how the product functions and the technology used.
Cross-Functional Design Review - Able to carry out and coordinate a cross-functional design review at an advanced level and in a wide range of work situations without guidance. Able to train and coach others in developing and applying cross-functional design review on a limited basis.
Product Validation - Includes the ability to install, setup, calibrate, and operate the equipment associated with testing in accordance with standard procedures and customer requirement. Is expected to understand the concepts of rating engines and driven components such as cooling systems, alternators, etc., and be able to use this knowledge to determine the rating of a product under various conditions.
Analyze Issues - Solid understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Understands complex concepts and problems and identifies how they relate to key processes. Applies accurate logic in solving problems.
Manage Customer Relationships - Uses appointment tracking system, documents call plans, meeting notes and action items. Has established rapport, delivered on commitments, and developed a positive relationship with customers.
Intermediate level of relevant work experience required, such as responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a project.
Additional key responsibilities:
• Manage a set of assigned customer's installations. Interface with OEM customers to conduct engine installation design reviews.
• Perform machine/engine calibration tailoring using Cummins' suite of engineering/service electronic tools.
• Conduct formal reviews of completed engine installations and perform validation testing of all engine subsystems. Provide Sales with reports about equipment functionality and capability.
• BS in Engineering with 3-5 years of work experience.
• Demonstrated mechanical/electrical interest and aptitude.
• Ability to read electrical engine and machine schematics.
• Strong customer facing skills and focus; demonstrate active listening skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
Other: Travel required: 35%. Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving history Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, University, or equivalent degree in Engineering required. Advanced degrees are preferred.
A little about us:
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.