GE Energy Connections
Energy Connections Power Conversion
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Energy Connections designs and deploys industry-leading technologies that turn the world on. We transport, convert, automate and optimize energy to ensure we provide safe, efficient and reliable electrical power. Uniting all the resources and scale of the world's first digital industrial company, we connect brilliant machines, grids, and systems to power utility, oil & gas, marine, mining and renewables customers, that keep our world running. www.GEEnergyConnections.com
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world's energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today's industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Application Engineer demonstrates strong ability to understand technical requirements from customers. In this role, you will play an essential part of Power Conversion Power business growth and development.
As the Application Engineer, you will:
* Provide technical sales support to external customers
* Collaborate with sales and commercial operations, providing technical expertise in selecting, implementing, and developing competitive solutions
* Provide the most competitive and cost effective technical solution to meet the customer / project requirements in response to customer inquiries
* Be responsible for preparing the technical proposal, clarifications to specifications and other technical documentation
* Identify and mitigate the technical risks
* Satisfy the on-time delivery requirements of the customer throughout the entire bid process by challenging the involved team members
* Respond to various technical questions regarding products and system solutions
* Demonstrate capabilities while handling multiple projects at a time
* Coordinate with sales force to make customer calls and presentations
* Participate in bid clarification meetings and collaborative sessions with the customer, as necessary
* Promote our technology to the customer
* Coordinate equipment technical qualification with the End-User and EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction company)
* Respond to the customer technical qualification questionnaire
* Be responsible for technical knowledge of inverters, power transformers, low voltage and high voltage distribution systems, switchgears and other various electrical equipment
* Understand and implement technical regulations and standards for the industry and various regions Integrated Electronic Component (IEC) Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE), Underwriter's Laboratories, Inc. (UL), etc.
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years in an engineering environment
* Ability and willingness to travel globally approximately 25% of the time, as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably related to electrical
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in an engineering environment, preferably in renewable energy
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Proven strong analytical and problem solving abilities
* Experienced in working with global teams
* Strong written communication, presentation, and team building skills
* Self-starter, high motivation level, strong leadership skills
* Ability to work in a team-oriented setting and develop complex solutions utilizing the entire GE portfolio
* Prior experience with customer specifications review, proposal development, and contract development and negotiations is preferred
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.