Are you a super motion control technician able to calculate:
- rate of a speeding bullet,
If so, let’s talk.
- force to leap tall buildings in a single bound?
As part of our team, you will support motion control applications for the world leading integrated stepper motor brand – MDrive. Providing pre- and post-sale technical support for Schneider Electric Motion USA stepper motor, drive and control solutions. This includes resolving customer support inquiries and working with internal teams to test existing and new products. The ideal candidate will hunger to become a product expert, providing timely support and training via email, phone, remote connection, and field support. Work is based from our Hartford-area factory, with site visit travel of up to 15%, with ability to travel on short notice to resolve issues. This position requires a high energy candidate that can balance multiple activities and prioritize accordingly. What do you get to do in this position?
· Support sales team and customers by listening and learning about their specific application, and recommending the correct SEM USA solution to address those needs.
· Aid sales team in winning new business through on-site visits and conference calls to resolve issues, demonstrate complex products, or provide technical knowledge.
· Provide factory-based phone and online technical support for customers with operational and installation related questions.
· Perform product training as needed to: sales team, customers and channel partners.
· Develop and publish application software solutions to online Knowledge Base.
· Provide field support for SEM USA annual trade show strategy.
· Willingness to take on special projects related to customer applications, testing of product and features, application simulations, creating product based demonstrations, and more. Qualifications:
• B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical background in Motion Control e.g. in engineering, field technical service or repair.
• Problem solving skills: Ability to analyze a technical issue through communication over the phone or by email, identify the root cause of the problem, and recommend a solution.
• Working experience with industrial controls
, PAC) required
and stepper/servo drives, and/or precision positioning mechanics is a plus.
• Working experience in a technical support role is a plus.
• Understanding of industrial networks, fieldbus (Ethernet/IP, Modbus/TCP, Profinet I/O, CANopen, etc.) and systems experience is a plus
• Basic software programming skills (C . C#)
: must become comfortable programming SEM USA products using native commands after proper training is completed.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Knowledge of, and interest, in technical products.
• Ability and willingness to travel in North America, as well as overseas for unique opportunities, in support of SEM USA products.
This position reports directly to the Manager of Applications Engineering and has no direct reports.
Within the company, this position interacts regularly with the Sales team, Marketing, Product Management, R&D/Engineering, and Customer Service.
External to the company, this position interacts regularly with end-user customer accounts, OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) major accounts, SEM USA channel partners, and third party suppliers with SEM USA products interface.