Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
As a member of the Desktop Management and Application Services team, the successful candidate will be responsible for management of core application suites leveraged on Merck images world-wide. This includes developing and implementing the strategy and resulting procedures to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years), and strategic (3-5 years) planning. Examples of core applications include but are not limited to:
Microsoft (Office 365 / Edge / Internet Explorer / Silverlight/ .NET/ Visio), Google Chrome, Adobe (Acrobat/FlashPlayer/Reader/Creative Cloud), Java SE, Nuance Advanced PowerPDF.
This role requires a thorough technical understanding of key core applications and middleware and a complete understanding of all business area needs. In addition, the incumbent should be prepared to participate and provide consultation on complex projects where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. 3rd level support and identification of root cause with strategic solutions expected when issues regarding core suites or Merck images arise (requests/CPRs/outages). Qualifications:
- BSBA/ BSIT - 5 years in system support or equivalent
- Advanced ability to partner, collaborate, and impact decisions at all levels within and outside the organization
- Demonstrate skill in applying tools and techniques for grasping new concepts, acquiring new ways of seeing things, and revising ways of thinking and patterns of behavior
- Skill in applying approaches, tools, and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner, including the ability to build and maintain critical networks and collaborative relationships
- Advanced ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner including mid-to-high level divisional management, subject matter experts, vendors, and stakeholders across the enterprise.
- Advanced ability to use a broad range of methods, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives when solving problems and making decisions
- Thorough understanding of "core" suites - lifecycles, capabilities, alternatives
- Programming / Scripting knowledge a plus - Wise Studio/Alteris AutoIt, VBscript, XML, CMD/Batch files
- Team Player - Ability to work effectively with customers, vendors, support groups and technical staff at all levels
- Independent and possess an ability to work with little supervision
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement