At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking an Application Engineer for the Industrial Adhesives & Tapes Division (IATD), located in Maplewood, MN. Here, we go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Application Engineer
will drive new applications and work with large key accounts in the Personal Care business unit of IATD.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Will work with key account business leaders to drive micro-replicated hook applications, non-woven articles, extrusion and elastics
- Work will also include developing an understanding and driving the sales of existing products into key customers by working with key account leaders on application understanding, collateral development, specific customer needs and product characterization
- Also responsible for working with the Global team to maintain existing applications/customers as well as developing new applications with existing and new customers.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the Personal Care market
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Textile Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Personal Care market
- Experience in the field of Personal Care products as noted above
- Strong communication skills (oral, written and presentation)
- Strong collaboration skills
- Experience working on a cross functional team
- Microsoft Office proficient, Minitab a plus
May include up to 25% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
A little about us:
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.