GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Application Engineer-Development of Optimization Products
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As an Application Engineer for the Development of Optimization Products, you will be responsible for identifying potential new products for power generation, configuring prototype versions of those products, and analyzing the benefit they could have and the market size.
For each of the new product ideas you evaluate, you will:
* Spend a few weeks modeling a complex power-generation process and determine how that process can be made more efficient and/or effective
* Configure, at one or two plants, a prototype application that optimizes the process you have modeled
* Measure the improvement in efficiency and effectiveness that the prototype you configure delivers
* If the improvement in efficiency and effectiveness is significant, develop, in collaboration with customers, SMEs, and business analysts, the user stories necessary to build a best-in-class plant optimization solution
* At one or two more plants, configure the enhanced application and measure the improvement
* If the enhanced application is efficient and effective enough to be productized, document the configuration process for the developed solution
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering field
* Work requiring travel: 5%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Experience with developing neural models
* Effective problem identification and solution skills
* Proven analytical and organizational ability
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.