At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking an Application Engineering Specialist for the Electronics Materials Solutions Division (EMSD) located in Maplewood, MN. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Application Engineering Specialist
will be responsible for providing application engineering and technical service for our existing and emerging line of electronic assembly products.
We are looking for experienced engineers or scientists familiar with the electronics industry that can act as the critical bridge between the business/sales team and our product development team to build new opportunities with our customers. The focus of this job is the creative ability to help our customers solve their assembly and device engineering problems using 3M materials.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive innovation, new product concept and development in the area of adhesive technology and application using the New Product Introduction process and voice of the customer methodology with direct customer and strategic partner engagement
- Work closely with customers to identify opportunities and develop solutions
- Lead new product development with global teams to ensure on-time product launch and alignment with key customers
- Develop and defend intellectual property to enhance 3M's position in the area of electronics adhesive materials
- Effective communication, interpersonal and team skills to perform well as a member of a variety of cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working with common adhesive systems (e.g. acrylic, epoxy, urethane, light curing, pressure sensitive and/or bonding film)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with thermal and mechanical testing of materials
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience translating customer demands into the technical aspects of applications
Location: Maplewood, MN Travel: May include up to 25% domestic/international Relocation: Is not authorized
- Master's degree in degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Experience formulating adhesives
- Experience with Six Sigma tools like Design of Experiments (DOE), mixture design and/or capability analysis
- Experience in adhesive compounding and coating processes (e.g. solvent, hot melt, twin screw extrusion and/or waterborne)
- Experience and knowledge of consumer electronic manufacturing and assembly processes
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain \"non-U.S. persons\" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, \"Temporary Residents\" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without a sponsorship for employment visa status (e.e. H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.