As a Hybrid Cloud Application Integration Technical Sales Specialist, you'll consult directly with our clients, learning their business, their industry, technical requirements and competitive landscape. You'll leverage your technical expertise to design hybrid cloud integration solutions that enhance productivity, speed time to market, unlock existing assets and expose new capabilities on new platforms.You will collaborate with our sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed systems of integration. You will deliver solution workshops, product demonstrations, technical education, Proofs of Concept and other technical accelerators. You will become the trusted technical advisor for your customers, supporting technical escalations, designing solutions, answering technical questions, and facilitating software deployment for your customers.
IBM has the largest trove of software, services, cloud, and Xaas in the world. Combined with the vast relationships with companies both large and small makes this position highly visible in the market as well at the cloud industry.The ideal candidate:
- Has passion for cloud technology and solving complex problems then documenting, training, and publicizing the result of the architected solution's impact to the business.
- 2+ Years of industry experience working in, selling to, or supporting 1 or more industries within the US Federal sector
- Confident individual willing to take on challenges
- Creative problem solver and open to change.
- Strong technical skills with passion for projects.
- Confidence in solution design, technology integrations, and being able to present with confidence to technical, management, and executive personnel
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with teams within IBM and partners externally.
- Ability to work in complex, matrix managed organizational environments
Required Professional and Technical Skills
- Articulate benefits of complex technical solutions and products via industry and business terms to customers.
- Document and promote complete solutions via Demo creation, Videos, Proof of technologies, and presentations
- Contribute to virtual technical teams building solutions to specific customers opportunities
- Relate the technical needs of the customer back to the business facilitating understanding of the value of the solution back to the customers business (ROI)
- Partner with sales peers to manage territory to drive new sales and expand existing business
- Maintain understanding of the US Federal market, including trends, industry business processes and industry use cases
- Maintain and apply knowledge of enterprise solution designs and products, application integration methods and tools.
- Maintain and apply knowledge of Integration Saas solutions with on-prem solutions
- Maintain and apply knowledge of technical pre-sales, implementation of Application Integration & API Management solution and technologies
- Sales, Tech Sales, Offering Mgt, Development, Services of all kids including channel, AND CUSTOMERS
4 years combined experience with one or more Integration related technologies: APIs, IBM API Management, IBM Integration Broker, IBM MQ, IBM DataPower, IBM Castiron, IBM Softlayer, as well as competitive Hybrid Integration and related technologies, such as MuleSoft, Appagae, Layer 7, AWS, Azure, etc.Preferred Professional and Technical Skills
- 4+ years direct, face to face customer selling experience.
- Competitor experience directly or indirectly from a customer perspective, and/or knowledge of competitive solutions/offerings
- 4+ years experience integrating Saas solutions and custom cloud-native applications
- 2 years experience implementing software solutions across varying topologies such as: IAAS, PAAS, SAAS
- 2 years Enterprise Architecture Experience
- 2 years experience Integration with cloud-based solution providers such as SalesForce, Workday and SAP
- 2 years experience with Messaging, security gateway, and data and protocol transformation software technologies
- Working knowledge of security topics such as: SSO, IDP, SAML, & VPN technologies
- Working knowledge of compliance standards such as: ISO27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, PCI
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.