Digital Information Technology & Digital Thread
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Application Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Cincinnati, Atlanta, Alpharetta
Join one of the largest and most cutting edge service management teams in the world. At GE we are changing the game of service management - if you already know ITIL, get ready for an exciting journey. If you don't, don't worry, we want you too! If you want to know what the words, OPAL, ecosystem and Predix mean, you should click apply.
You and your colleagues are responsible for critical systems support, application development and service automations within some of the largest instances of ServiceNow in the world. Not to mention the challenging work of integrating it with other major systems like Security, HR, ERP, Billing, etc. This is a deeply technical position with focus on automating and optimizing key tasks within the Service Management ecosystem, with a focus on creating reusable scripts, automations and self-service tools. You will bring your eye for detail and for eliminating unnecessary work to bear on optimizing and creating new technical processes. You will be a subject matter expert in scripting and existing automation technologies, in addition to open source tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible. You are comfortable with Agile software development methodology and doing what it takes to get the job done and are ready to make your mark on the essential tools of IT and for the entire company.
* Automate technical activities with a focus on Service Management processes and technologies.
* Perform continuous integration testing, code and configuration remediation and other minor enhancements.
* Solid understanding and preferably technical knowledge (1+ years) of ServiceNow
* A solid understanding of REST/SOAP/WSDL/XML (Web Services, etc.) and working in a SaaS environment
* Exposure to databases and integration engines such as MySQL, PostGreSQL, Sonic, Oracle ESB, etc.
* Cloud engineering, automation and orchestration experience.
* Partnering with service management and other technical teams in driving uptime, service availability and incident resolution goals.
* 24x7 on call support for Business Critical Incidents as needed.
* Manage/Resolve Incident and Problem tickets assigned to your team and reduce incidents through build process enhancements, coding best practices, etc.
* Automate manual tasks, and then automate some more.
* Equivalent course work for recent graduates will be considered!
* Demonstrable technical skill (1+ years) in at least 2 of the technical areas listed above.
* Minimum 1 years of development and/or platform management experience in ServiceNow
* Minimum 2 years of proven experience with project management methodologies
* Strong understanding of ITIL and Service Management
* Agile Scrum experience a plus
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* ServiceNow Certified System Administrator or other relevant certifications
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate, orally and in writing, technical information to audiences at all levels
* Creative, innovative, and flexible, with the ability to remain enthusiastic, while multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
* Comfortable with ambiguity, able to make decisions independently
* Demonstrated customer focus, evaluating decisions through the eyes of the customer and partnering with customers to help shape their future initiatives
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.