Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Application Platform Engineer, Sr
Seeking a suitable candidate to become a key member for the Compliance Technology group. This group supports the AML and Compliance platforms. This role will be a part of the Application Systems team responsible for the Operations of the List Screening applications/platform to enable our Business partners to effectively manage the company’s Compliance and Risk. The team supports our Business and other partners with their day to day needs and is also responsible for the maintenance and efficient running of the platform. Ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a breadth and depth of skills and understanding, with relevant industry experience, within the technology area. Should have the ability to quickly gain deep expertise on the relevant platforms.
- Maintain Windows based systems and incorporate continuous improvements
- Lead and support project upgrades from infrastructure and overall system aspect
- Provide technical cost-benefit-analysis
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Support Dev-Ops initiatives (operations dashboards, testing automation framework, automation deployment solutions, etc.)
- Identify and fix performance bottlenecks
- Respond to production issues/incidents in a timely manner
- Responsible for 3rd level support of software solutions.
- Lead incident/issue resolution
- Co-ordinate with other teams on incident/issue resolution as needed, e.g. users, database, scheduling, network & storage, etc.
- Provide timely feedback to the users/stake holders on incidents.
- Perform root cause analysis.
- Maintain records and documentation as development/revisions occur.
- Assist as needed with other exercises e.g. releases, testing, audit etc.
- Share best practices and improve processes within teams, and mentor junior team members.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Lead and support AWS initiatives and migration of existing applications.
- Lead and support initiatives as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with IT leadership, process owners/managers, application/support teams, and other stakeholders to clearly understand and help them with their processes
- Ability to develop (or influence development) of a technical solution to solve a defined business or technical problem
- Must display commitment, a positive attitude, and show initiative
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or military experience
- At least 4 years of Windows infrastructure support experience
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
- At least 1 year of experience in system administration
- At least 1 year of experience in AWS
- At least 1 year of experience in coordinating with various technology teams
- At least 1 year of experience in COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) packages
- Master's Degree
- 5 years of Windows infrastructure support experience
- 5 years of experience in software development
- 2 years of experience in AWS
- 1 year of experience using Chef
- 1 year of experience with Agile methodologies
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.