Production Support Engineer | Opower
Location: Virginia, United States
Posted: December 03, 2016
Reference ID: 16001BGL
This role is based in our Arlington, Virginia Oracle | Opower office
Oracle | Opower is looking for an experienced SaaS Application Production Support Engineer for a growing Client Support Team, dedicated to helping our global utility clients meet their goals of energy efficiency and improving customer engagement. Oracle | Opower's innovative approach uses cutting-edge behavioral science, customer data analytics, and the latest software to help millions of people worldwide save energy.
The Production Support team works within the Oracle | Opower platform, analyzing and using customer data with internally-developed tools to support ongoing or expanding utility programs. You will collaborate with teams and individuals across Oracle | Opower, from our client-facing Client Success Managers, to launch-focused Implementation Engineers, to our forward-looking Product Engineering and R&D teams.
• Responsible for post-launch maintenance for SaaS utility energy efficiency products/platforms
• Analyze client data and use internal tools to support ongoing and expanding client programs
• Advanced technical hands-on troubleshooting, including parsing logs and following stack traces
• Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products with the ability to explain them to others
• Become a subject matter expert for all Opower products and services, acting as a mentor for junior staff
• Work cross-functionally with both client-facing and engineering teams
• Seek opportunities to improve processes, documentation, tooling, and operational efficiency
• Balance client expectations and internal needs
• Stay up to date with internal processes and tools
• Strong professional and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient in the UNIX command line
• Able to write SQL for large data sets and have recent experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred)
• Strong programming experience, especially in Ruby
• Have experience in Linux and are not afraid of the command line
• Familiar with networking concepts (HTTP, RESTful APIs)
• Have worked with Git or similar version control systems
• 5 years of experience in technical support, software development, implementation, analytics, business intelligence, or a related field
• Exposure to Hadoop, Hbase, or Hive is a plus
• Experience supporting enterprise customers
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
An experienced consulting professional who has an understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or technology designs within a product/technology family. Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices.
Operates independently to provide quality work products to an engagement. Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment, in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Applies Oracle methodology, company procedures, and leading practices. Demonstrates expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements. May act as the team lead on projects. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Participates in business development activities. Develops and configures detailed solutions for moderately complex projects.
5-7 years of experience relevant to this position including 2 years consulting experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively. Ability to build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.