Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Design and/or conduct test plans and scripts to test new, customized, or COTS software to ensure optimal performance of software before being put into production or installed in network environment. Test compatibility of new software with installed systems, networks, and technology platforms. Track errors, bugs, and the like in test data files for follow up and/or further testing. KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze business requirements and technical specifications of applications in development to see how they can be developed into testable elements.
- Develop test script, test scenario, and test methodology and document for execution. May review and critique test scripts developed by less experienced staff and suggest improvements.
- Conduct tests of applications in production or in development, applications about to be migrated, or applications recently patched. May lead a test exercise involving less experienced staff.
- Document test results, and compile results of other testers into consolidated report for management, clients, applications staff. May perform regression or other analyses and present in project meeting.
- Evaluate testing methodologies and testing tools available in IT market, and advise management on adopting them.
- May test production software that had bugs or breakdowns in production. Test as appropriate and determine root causes and document for other technical staff to address.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Hands on experience in creating and executing standard testing plans and procedures
- Proven expertise in QTP/UFT testing tools, techniques and QTP automation
- Extensive experience developing test object model, functional and regression test automation and automation framework
- Sounds and comprehensive knowledge of descriptive programming, objects identification and file system operations
- Experience in VB coding and creating VB macro based utilities in Access/Excel.
- Proficiency in using test management tolls like Rally, HP ALM, Clearquest, Clearcase and Doors
- Experience working on automation for agile projects
- Familiarity of Selenium, Cucumber and Gherkin a plus
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.