WHAT CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT THIS POSITION?
As a member of The Hartford's Application Security engineering team, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplined team to provide expertise on DevOps initiative to guide application development community to utilize best security practices. The candidate will work to help further develop and refine The Hartford's Application security program into the Hartford's SDLC as that process matures.
Qualifications: WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- Providing engineering and development direction for application security designs that solve business problems.
- Providing DevOps security solution integration with various security test tools.
- Working with application teams on security solution design and implementation.
- Accessing security solutions proof of value and conducting proof of concept.
- Educating other team members on application security standards and best practices
Participating in enterprise technology and functional planning processes to develop standards and best practices
- Experience designing Web/Mobile application security solutions
- At least 1 year of experience implementing DevOps tool-chain (Jenkins, SonarQube, GitHub, Nexus, Code quality tools) implementation and automation.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with scripting and automation.
- Minimum 3 years on experience with web application and web service implementation.
- Hands on experience with web application development is required, along with a desire to learn for new programming languages, techniques and related security issues.
- Familiarity with the OWASP framework and application security best practices.
- Passion to work on newer technologies and explore the security domain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Specific relevant experience should include writing and presenting application security assessment reports. Candidate should have experience making and defending sound technical arguments that incorporate relevant technical and business considerations, and building consensus among stakeholders.
Nice to have:
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Knowledge of web services security, (SOAP, XML Encryption,).
- Knowledge of encryption technologies (web, database, and file).
- Knowledge of Identity and Access management and its application in an enterprise.
- Excellent communication and the ability to self-manage. Proven ability to work within a team of individuals who work independently and handle a diverse and challenging workload is a must.
- Advanced degree or a college degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Industry certification is a plus.
What Else Can You Tell Me?
- Data Analysis- Input, understand, analyze and act on data
- Business Owner Mindset- Operate with keen business knowledge, expense, risk & controls driven mindset
- Communication- Influence through a consultative approach
- Customer Driven- Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local decision making for continuous improvement
- Growth & Development- Maximize development of self and others
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certificationsBehaviors at the Hartford
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD