The Application Service Manager (ASM) - Learning & Development Solutions is accountable for the efficient and effective overall delivery of functional area IT services and capabilities that are aligned with the expectations of the stakeholder. This role is responsible for ensuring the integrity and cross-functional alignment of services and capabilities supported and for all operational and service level agreements.
The ASM manages the day-to-day service delivery of defined IT services by coordinating with and integrating the internal and external partners to ensure systems are functioning as promised and that they deliver value and operational excellence to Shire seamlessly.
The ASM is accountable to IT functional areas and shared services for delivery and integration of technology services that are consistent with IT standards, compliance policies and sourcing strategies. The ASM also ensures that partners, vendors and cross-functional organizations deliver services that respond proactively to the "voice of the customer."
The ASM facilitates design, development, testing and implementation of enhancements and projects for supported area and continuously improves, strengthens and evolves the processes such as release management, change management, transition from build, etc. that support the services, capabilities, tools and methodologies
The ASM is responsible for the design, implementation and ownership of the functional area Service Catalog that is aligned to and enables functional area processes and use of technologies.
• Participate in organizational and operational goal setting for Learning Management Systems (LMS) IT services and oversee the subsequent tactical execution
• Assist key LMS stakeholders in capacity forecasting and planning
• Communicate progress, issues and status to LMS key stakeholders
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with IT teams and strategic partners
• As necessary, act as a consultant/advisor to LMS stakeholders
• Provide input and guidance as needed to strategy and innovations teams
Plan and Build:
• Responsible for the management and performance of the defined IT service organization, insourced and/or outsourced, in support of LMS
• Define SLAs with service stakeholders and ensure service alignment with the agreed-upon SLAs
• Ensure that service providers meet agreed-upon KPIs
• Formulate and define scope and objectives pertaining to the LMS service(s) and ensure proper staffing and development of personnel for minor and major enhancements.
• Evaluate, document and publish the procedures, funding, specifications, service levels and other agreements associated with the IT service organization
• Provide input to business cases to ensure proposed capabilities have appropriate support; ensure transition processes are in place and followed
• Possess and maintain broad technical and LMS business knowledge of all aspects for services supported
• Provide design input on new services and solutions
• Develop multi-year lifecycle management roadmap for each application within LMS
• Implement sourcing strategy directives and adjust, manage and rationalize resource capacity and mix to meet forecasted demand
• Facilitate design, development, testing and implementation of enhancements associated with LMS services supported
• Use service metrics to manage and measure quality of service delivery
• Ensure service metrics relating to performance, scalability or resilience are adhered to
• Lead prioritization of maintenance and enhancement work in collaboration with IT business partners and LMS customers
• Lead root cause analysis and corrective action where service delivery levels do not meet established service levels
• Lead escalation management for critical incidents involving internal and external partners
• Responsible for ongoing lifecycle management, including potential decommissioning, in accordance with multi-year lifecycle management roadmap
• Responsible for ensuring all solutions (internally and externally hosted) are maintained to Shire's required level of patching and security
• Be aware of applicable Shire, global and local compliance requirements
• Maintain meta data, e.g. software versions, databases and operating systems
• Responsible for audit-readiness and for providing relevant support to periodic reviews and external/internal audits
• Responsible for staying current on infrastructure changes (internal and external), relevant vendor roadmaps and for managing remediation/mitigation efforts
• Seek continuous improvements that meet current and anticipated business requirements and objectives
• Manage financials including actuals, forecast, and long-range planning
• Ensure proper productivity of team members through adequate training plans, team capacity and skills availability.
• People management responsibilities for analysts and other team members
• Coach staff in core IT competencies and seek professional development and job enrichment opportunities for team members
• Proactively contributes to one's own IT team by leading and participating in team
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, engineering and/or business administration (required)
• 10-15 years of managing complex Application Support Services mainly focusing on Enterprise Applications and/or managing an external service provider (required)
• Minimum 10 years of setting up, growing and maintaining teams within a company
• Experience in the Pharmaceuticals or Life Sciences industry (preferred)
• 3-5 years working experience in a LMS organization supporting the service function in an environment similar in size and complexity to Shire (required)
• Knowledge of IT Computer Systems Validation processes (required)
• ITIL certification, preferably for service management, which implies ITIL Service Management Practitioner certification (preferred)
• Project Management Training certification (preferred)
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products across our core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine, Hereditary Angioedema, and Oncology.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.