Eaton’s Lighting Division is seeking an Application Specialist who be based in our Peachtree City, GA facility.
As a part of our post sales team, the Application Specialist is responsible for designing, configuring, programming and maintaining lighting control systems for our Fifth Light control system.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Compile information from project submittals to optimize system design.
Consult with contractor & end user on design architecture.
Program system sequences using Fifth Light software, Linux, Webmin, & jboss applications
Validate system configuration through system mock-ups and site visits
Interface with commissioning agents through troubleshooting & upgrade initiatives.
Ensure all design and upgrade activities are executed within service level agreements
Integrate 3rd party systems into overall design, and validate functionality
Document system design logic and sequences; publish operation manual for end user support.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum 1 year of experience in electrical or electronic products.
Minimum 1 year experience supporting lighting products.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates within a 50 miles radius of Peachtree City will be considered.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Engineering or related field.
- Extensive knowledge of lighting controls systems.
- Experience with Access database.
- Strong programming knowledge including VB, Linux, SQL, PLC.
- Understanding of BACnet, Modbus, LON.
- Experience with architectural & technical drawings – AutoCAD.
- Team player showing self-motivation, requiring minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, remain focused and reach a resolution.
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office.
- Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.