We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Work with the Business and Business Analyst to gather requirements, prepare an estimate (ROM - Rough Order of Magnitude), design and code as per standards, support QA testing, implementation & post production validation. Review vendor deliverables (code, unit test results, implementation plan, etc.) if a project/task is outsourced to any vendor.
Essential Job Functions
- Work under the direction of Solution Design Manager on multiple Business Insurance (Rating) Projects, enhancements, rate revisions and defects.
- Independently work on the assigned projects and enhancements and come up with high level design.
- Prepare estimates based on high-level requirements for projects and Release Items and document assumptions.
- Interface with Business (Product Owners) and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and translate into high level design.
- Provide testing recommendations for functional & regression testing for the assigned projects & assignments.
- Review pre & post production validation results to make sure that the changes migrated are working as expected.
- Troubleshoot production defects, perform root cause analysis and provide guidance to team on the fixes. Communicate the relevant details (issue, root cause, fix, clean up, etc.) to business and take ownership of the issue until the cleanup is done.
- Ensure the SLA for all project/release timelines are met and able to communicate any delays/issues to business for valid reasons.
- Review, design, code and migrate changes for smooth project delivery.
- Analyze and make recommendations for the need of system backup, security, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Level I: 5 (or above) years of experience in application development / testing in mainframe (COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, EASYTRIEVE, etc.) based applications. Knowledge of CGI mainframe tool TMF (Table Management Facility) & RATABASE is a big plus.
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- At least 5 years of experience in application development using mainframe technology (COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, EASYTRIEVE, etc.). Knowledge of TMF (Table Management Facility – CGI product) is a plus.
- Knowledge of TMF & REXX is required
- Experience in Property & Casualty Insurance Industry and knowledge on policy premium calculation or rating concepts is desirable.
- Experienced in facilitating in-person and remote meetings with Business & IT resources.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Exposure to agile methodologies, testing automation & continuous integration.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective time and priority management.
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail oriented.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risk to management for direction.
A little about us: