Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Quality Assurance & Production Management (QAPM)
QAPM is a newly formed division that provides Quality Assurance and Production Management services to all clients within the Firm. QAPM partners with the development teams to ensure seamless technology delivery to our clients: ISGT, CPT, MSIM, MSWM Tech, ED&S, and TIR. QAPM's goal is to deliver a first-class technology platform by ensuring top-notch service within QA and Production Management. This division will support the evolution of technology platforms and tools, manage and maintain our production plant, and ensure the implementation and adherence to proper operational controls to manage risk.
Member of the five man Application Support Group (ASG) External team supporting critical FIX based trading applications used by the Equity Division (and provided to external clients). ASG runs shifts covering from 07:00-19:00. The team is responsible for ensuring the stability of these business critical client and server-based application processes and their associated infrastructure. To assist the users of applications by acting as a first point of contact for both application and data queries.
Candidates would be expected to perform the following roles:
* Proactive & reactive ready-for-business checks
* Proactive & reactive real-time monitoring of processes, connections & trade flows
* Notifying the business unit of system issues or failures in a timely manner.
* Notify Compliance in a timely manner of regulatory issues.
* Liaise with external parties to resolve issues.
* System break/fix and user recovery
* Investigating and resolving data quality issues
* Investigation of user queries. E.g. flow breaks, booking issues, data issues. Liaison with operations and controllers where appropriate.
* Escalating problems to level 3 (core development and engineering) groups.
* Act as an escalation point for frontline.
* War gaming failure scenarios identify problems with outage recovery procedures. Work with necessary parties to ensure that these are resolved.
* Assisting the users with end-user computing issues.
Senior level candidates would also be expected to:
* Work closely with APG to ensure the support team has Excellent knowledge of the application set
* Document recover procedures
* Client requirements and feedback are incorporated into the applications
* Operational enhancements are provided
* Work closely with APG and Engineering to either develop, or provide specifications for tools to: Improve monitoring, increase the stability of the plant and Automate manual tasks
Work closely with regional counterparts in New York, Hong Kong and Tokyo to:
* Standardise monitoring procedures
* Provide follow the sun support
* Good working knowledge of FIX.
* Strong technical, communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
* In depth understanding of Equity Cash and derivative trading concepts and ability to interact with traders
* Good understanding of operating systems (UNIX, PC)
* Good understanding of SQL and Sybase databases.
* Professional ownership of issues
* Knowledge of:- scripting languages, ksh, Perl, Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML and XML.
* Can do attitude Candidates should have experience in the financial services industry.
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.