Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
This position is for the role of Application Support Group Manager in the Global Banking Technology Production Management group in the Banking & Payment services space.
Create and manage necessary process involving incidents
React to any incidents that may have impact on Retail Banking
Partner with Operations and IT Managers to ensure processes are consistent
Partner with Ops Control to ensure IT and/or End User communications are handled appropriately
Use of analytical skills to find trends in the environment and drive out problems.
Lead effort to determine improvement areas in Banking support, acquire Senior Management sponsorship and execute on improvement areas.
Manage process related functions around large scale events. This includes Power downs, Network events, Disaster Recovery, holidays and any related events that have direct impact feed processing or production equipment leveraged to perform critical Business functions.
Communicate closely with impacted groups to ensure all events are properly managed.
Outage handling and preventing adverse impact of Incidents and problems on business due to error within IT infrastructure, ensuring maximum system availability and prompt and accurate remediation of issues. Responsible for ensuring maximum system availability and prompt and accurate remediation of issues. Communicate outages and project updates effectively to stakeholders. Proactively drive IT governance and de-risking initiatives.
Lead effort on Knowledge Management consistency and completeness of knowledgebase.
General Technology Operations management:
Work with Operations, vendors, business and other support teams to establish proper support model and escalation. Handle escalations from the support team as and when needed.
Ability to understand vendor contract, Service Level Agreements, Key Performance Indicators
Manage full time employees and Consultants performing support functions
- Ability to control incident call and determine the shortest and clearest path to resolution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and build cross-group processes and partnerships
- Ability to provide meaningful and useful analysis and solutions for support functions
- Ability to communicate with Senior Management
- Ability to effectively multitask and track multiple issues
- Ability to negotiate solutions and deadlines with others at all levels of business
- Ability to navigate a technical environment (unix, windows, autosys, fileshares)
- At least 10 years IT experience, with some of it dedicated to support
- Experience with banking or financial software
- Basic understanding of finance industry
- Ability to interpret ITIL framework into practical procedures
- Proven leadership expertise and the ability to collaborate well with others
- Should be strategically focused and constantly looking to improve processes
Nice to haves:
ITIL and PMP certification
A little about us:
Since its founding in 1935, Morgan Stanley and its people have helped redefine the meaning of financial services.