Application Support Engineer - Fusion Sales Cloud (CRM SaaS)
Posted: January 27, 2017
Reference ID: 170003PE
Oracle Fusion Applications Support Team is now expanding to support our rapidly increasing customer base. It is a unique opportunity to be part of the future of Oracle Support and help shape the organization to benefit our customers, employees and the organization overall. If you are excited by the notion of being able to define a group from early stages on and shape our collective future then this is the place to be.
As a Senior Support Engineer, you will be expected to have:
• Four years implementation, support, consulting and/or development experience in the CRM product family
• Skills in using industry standard tools and techniques.
• Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities.
• Experience monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations.
he following abilities will be advantageous:
• Experience in one or more of the following: log reading, SQL tuning, knowledge of networks, database configuration, server configuration, Web Server optimization, load balancing hardware,
• Mentoring junior team members on new products and technologies.
• As a Senior Support Engineer, you will be expected to:
• Apply considerable support/development/implementation experience, a deep understanding of underlying technologies, business process expertise and support process knowledge to interact with a broad spectrum of people within Oracle and customers as they encounter issues during various lifecycle phases.
• Quickly master complex technical and functional areas and have the ability to suggest and/or create diagnostics and troubleshooting tools for the larger organization.
• Be considered an expert in implementation strategies, setup, installation, configuration and integration technologies.
• Interact frequently with senior management in the support and development chain and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topics.
• Be able to influence product design by providing feedback to development.
• Help define/refine future support processes.
• Coach, mentor and train your peers.
As a Senior Support Engineer, you will be expected to quickly develop and hone the following skills:
• Detail Oriented
• Ability to influence and build cooperative relationships with wide range of key participants, from business executives to technical specialists.
• Excellent communication skills, in terms of being able to convey technical and functional knowledge and solutions in highly escalated situations to executives, support personnel and customer personnel.
• Well-developed listening skills, with ability to discern core issues in an environment where it may be difficult to determine the symptoms and cause.
• Good organizational skills that facilitate the generation of coherent action plans that meet participant needs and lead to problem resolution as quickly as possible.
• Fast and flexible problem solving aptitude so as to be able to adjust resolution plans as new data for given problems is obtained.
• Ability to persevere in the face of obstacles and ensure customers' success.
• Able to work well with limited daily supervision.
• Process orientation preferred.
• Self starter.
B.S (Computer Science) or equivalent preferred.
Other qualifications with adequate experience might be considered.
Top 4 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
1. Well-developed troubleshooting skills in the area of functional or technical domains of enterprise business application environments as listed in the respective posting. (CRM applications, Siebel, EBS, Peoplesoft)
2. Ability to analyze details and synthesize the "big picture", frequently working with incomplete or ambiguous data.
3. Creative use of industry standard tools to aid in the diagnostic process.
4. Working experience in one of the following areas is seen as an advantage:
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.