Oracle is seeking a technical support professional to support our PeopleSoft product in our PeopleTools Team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for providing a high level of support for our global customer base, offering expertise in problem tracking, replication, troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of complicated and critical cases. The focus of this position is to provide customer service via phone and electronic means on a technical and functional level and to ultimately drive complete and total resolution of each service incident.
Role expectations include:
- Case resolution - research, resolve and respond to complex customer issues across the product line
- Knowledge management - depth and breadth of knowledge within the product line
- Daily operations - including team operations, process improvement and information sharing
- BS/BA required.
- Preference for technical field or applicable functional field
- Java/MySQL experience necessary
- 4 years relevant working experience preferred
- Prior experience providing technical customer support (application/technical support engineer role)
- Previous PeopleSoft experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to filter through complex customer details to determine the root of an issue
- Ability to read and decipher software log and trace files is a plus
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.