Our client, a major Communication & Publishing company is in need of an Application Support Specialist to provide escalated support for their distributed web application. Applicants should have good knowledge of LAMP, Full Stack Web Development, MySQL Database Experience, proficient with Linux systems and must have a strong business acumen! This is a full time opportunity based in San Antonio, and qualified candidates can earn up to $70,000 annually with great company benefits & perks. If this sounds like an opportunity of interest, please send an updated resume to Johnathan.Mesta@RHT.com. All candidates much be Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship, and please, no Corp to Corp requests.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Monitor functionality and troubleshoot mission-critical applications.
2. Understand system workflows and create integrations between systems.
3. Support user groups and their front-end tools.
4. Work with other Hearst groups to jointly implement new systems and workflows and troubleshoot existing systems.
5. Be able to navigate application installations on Linux or Unix servers.
6. Ability to troubleshoot problems in a time-sensitive production environment.
7. Other essential duties and tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience, Skills, Licenses, Certification, Education Required:
1. Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
2. Minimum of four years of relevant workplace experience.
3. Minimum of four years experience as an application support specialist.
4. Working knowledge of Unix or Linux operating system.
5. Programming experience in shell scripting, Java, or Web-based languages.
6. Strong problem solving and communication skills.
7. Ability to react to change rapidly and productively.
A little about us:
Founded in 1948, Robert Half (NYSE: RHI) is the world's first and largest specialized staffing services firm.