TEKsystems is seeking an Application Support Team for a direct placement opportunity.
Lead role works directly with the Manager, Enterprise Applications and is responsible for direct supervision of a designated Application Support team. Schedules and directs the activities of a team to resolve end-user application and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Duties: * Provides technical leadership, assistance, and mentoring to a team of Application Administrators and Application System Engineers. Helps team execute career development plans. Challenges team members to progress toward their professional development goals. Conducts effective performance evaluations. Encourages team members to take responsibility for and drive application system performance within the company. Provides technical and procedural consistency within a team focused on the implementation, service delivery, and support of applications, systems, and tools.
About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, Information Systems Management, or qualified technology certifications in application, server, network, systems technologies (additional years of qualifying work experience may be considered in lieu of formal education)
- Eight (8) years of experience implementing applications and application server systems in a managed enterprise environment which may include virtualization, Citrix, J2EE, Linux, and Microsoft.
- Extensive understanding of applications, application platforms, databases, database platforms, and data security.
- Experience of supporting Enterprise Application Systems and an understanding of their architecture.
- Extensive experience in a senior role within a professional environment planning, installing, maintaining, and supporting Enterprise Applications. Extensive experience in all aspects of providing applications support to users in a customer focused environment.
- Extensive experience of implementing and upgrading major business applications.
- Requires project management skills, including demonstrated ability to work effectively in small, interactive teams of technical and non-technical associates, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with varying priorities to successful completion.
- Lead experience a plus as this position is a supervisory role and will be responsible for a team of 5-7 individuals
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.