A level 1 Support Engineer is a mediator for engineering and customers. They are the escalation point for customer reported technical issues. The level 1 is responsible for ensuring all customer issues are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
* Perform complete, accurate, and timely entry of information into CRM tool for all incidents/support requests (e.g. gather and document required information from customers)
* Consistently available to receive and handle incoming contacts (calls/emails)
* Provide general product information and configuration support
* Collect relevant technical details to effectively troubleshoot scope of reported issue
* Review manuals, release notes, and patch documentation for possible issue
resolution - including verification of product and platform compatibility
* Provide customers with timely status updates and ongoing communication
* Provide technical assistance for all customers on all products
* Act as On-Call Support or escalation contact in a rotation during evening and
* Follow established escalation procedures
* Utilize remote secure access technologies such as WebEx to diagnose and resolve
* Employ methodical troubleshooting techniques to isolate hardware or operating
system related issues
* Occasional travel may be required to customer sites
* Other core expectations will be defined by your direct supervisor/manager
* Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to manage difficult and stressful customer situations
* Attention to detail and sense of urgency
* Capability to balance and prioritize multiple issues
* Other core competencies will be defined by your direct supervisor/manager
Need to have an Associates degree at a minimum, but a 4 year degree is preferred.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.