We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today! Job Summary
Develops test plans to include Test Scenarios, Objectives, test Cases and data, as well as quality criteria and measurement techniques; validates acceptance criteria and ensures application adheres to quality and functional requirements; provides guidance on the development of test plans and usage of testing tools to Levels I and II Testing Specialist; oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area and meeting of departmental service levels; reviews test results and performs root cause analysis and troubleshooting to address issues; conducts in depth analysis of testing processes and methodologies and develops new/revised standards, as necessary. Essential Job Functions
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains technical test Cases and test data; Utilizes testing tools, as required.
- May include Integration, System, Regression, Performance / Stress / Volume.
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability.
- Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs / defect tracking system.
- Ensures that acceptance criteria are met Assists with resolution of environmental issues; supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Analyzes Test Results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis; validates system design.
- Develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques.
- Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups, as necessary, to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle.
- Assists in training of other Testing Specialists.
- Oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area; coordinates activities to meet service levels.
- Validates acceptance criteria for testing phase; maintains knowledge of business unit processes / products to ensure application adheres to functional and quality requirements.
- Provides guidance on the usage of testing tool and development of test Scenario, test Objective, and test Case to Levels I and II Testing Specialists.
- Participates in depth analysis and development of new or revised standards, methodologies, and processes within Testing; develops training material, as necessary.
: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience. Experience Requirements:
Level III: 4 years of experience in various application testing capacities or 2 years as Technical Testing Specialist Level II Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Good written and oral skills on local language.
- Ability to critically analyze both business and functional requirements, create risk based test plans as well as detailed test cases/scripts from these.
- Responsible for creating QA ROMs from high level requirements.
- Able to analyze status reports and metrics as well as utilize them to make testing and process decisions.
- Proven ability to work effectively in an offshore model.
- Familiar with and experience in using testing tools (including automation tools) such as: ALM, Rally, Selenium and UFT.
- Understanding of Business Insurance/Commercial insurance preferred but not required.
- Experience with Agile, specifically SAFe methodology (either Leading or Practitioner certified) strongly preferred.
A little about us: