Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This role is responsible for initial setup, maintenance and support of client application configuration information running on the IBM z/OS390 platform. This is an individual contributor role responsible for support of client configurations and resolution of issues of basic to moderate levels of complexity.
- Candidate will be responsible for initial setup, maintenance and support of client configuration information running on the IBM z/OS390 platform
- Must act as a technical consultant and SME in all aspects of client configurations
- Must collaborate with and provide technical assistance to implementations, client services and operations to ensure error free processing and support of client configurations
- Must work with the certification group in the testing and certification of new client configurations
- Participate in on- call rotation for the 24x7 support model
- Additional responsibilities may include initial set-up and maintenance of client configuration parameters on the Tandem Advantage Software(Connex/Advantage) and/or Data Express
- College degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems or equivalent work experience in data processing.
- 3-6 years hands on experience working on the IBM z/OS390 with MVS control card/JCL utilized in a support role - required
- 3-6 years experience configuring Connect/Direct(NDM) and/or FTP bulk file transmissions or utilized in a support role - required
- 3-6 years general knowledge of Electronic Funds Transfer(EFT) experience - preferred
- 2-3 years Connex/Advantage, Data Express or BASE24 application experience - preferred
- Collaborative, team oriented style
- Displays ability to learn quickly
- Displays leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work independently exhibiting strong multitasking and time management skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication (oral & written) skills including the ability to translate technical issues/concepts into ways for non-technical staff to understand
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.