Oracle's Primavera is the world's leading project and portfolio management software organization. Since 1983, Primavera has provided the software foundation enabling all types of businesses to achieve excellence in managing their portfolios, programs, projects, and resources. Primavera products have managed projects totaling an estimated $6 trillion plus in value. Our development group builds enterprise-level solutions for our customers in project-intensive industries. Our applications provide project and portfolio management, contract management, resource management, and risk management solutions used by customers worldwide. We use an agile development approach that incorporates regular retrospectives and process improvement to ensure that we are always building software in the most efficient, effective way possible.
We are looking for a visionary engineer to join our innovative cloud engineering team. Successful candidate will research and implement platform, infrastructure and application features to enable Enterprise applications shine in the cloud as well as in on-premise installations. Successful candidate is also responsible for addressing various platform and infrastructure level challenges related to security, performance and scalability.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment while proactively reporting and escalating issues will be essential. Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn new products and technologies will be essential.
- Develop and enhance platform and infrastructure components based on demands from application development and cloud operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to performance, scalability, security, availability, etc
- Integrate with various flagship Oracle products such as those related to identity management, monitoring, user productivity kit, real user experience insight, etc.
- Foresee and invent solutions to set new standards for security, performance and availability
- Help automate deployment related processes
- Engineer robust feedback control systems that equip developers with the knowledge of actual production usage patterns
- Participate in technical reviews
Requirements:1. Strong Knowledge in Linux / Unix
2. Strong Scripting knowledge with Linux / Unix
3. Strong Working knowledge in WebLogic
3. Strong working knowledge in any of the Fusion Middleware technologies like OBIEE , Oracle IDM, Oracle SOA Suite
4. Knowledge on Oracle Enterprise Manager is a plus
5. Knowledge on Chef is a plus
6. Working experience in Cloud Computing is a plus
7. J2EE development experience is a plus
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.