Under limited supervision, design, develop, test/QA, debug and and/or implement Oracle Retail software applications. Develop and maintain current and future releases of the Oracle Retail family of software products. Identify and develop enhancements to applications and products and plan and implement their portability. Design and execute tests, debug applications, and resolve a variety of technical issues. Applies principles and techniques of computer science, engineering and/or mathematical analysis, following routine procedures. May be assigned to various projects that utilize J2EE technology, UNIX, Java, SQL, and PL/SQL programming languages.Job Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Java programming language
- Experience in building distributed enterprise software, customer-facing applications using Java and J2EE frameworks
- Experience in using XML and related technologies
- Experience in Spring technologies
- Knowledge of JUnit and unit testing in general
- Knowledge of web services, including SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge in different databases (Oracle, MSSQL etc.)
- E xperience with source code control processes, tools and IDEs (Subversion, Eclipse etc.)
- Strong written and spoken communication skill
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Agile Software development is desired
Prior experience with Xstore Suite of products with solid knowledge of the Retail business domain is a definite plus.Qualifications:
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.