Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in most or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Build and maintain ETL and other data solutions to support business needs.
- Conduct proof of concept of new technology in data space.
- Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised application.
- Develop detailed specifications of application and document in a form that it can be used for coding application.
- Perform or review coding done to render specifications into application functionalities, screens, or outputs.
- Develop test plan and/or test application in development status or debug application in production mode.
- Document or review documentation of steps in specification development, coding, testing and user acceptance for future reference and for internal control purposes.
- May lead a small project or a segment of a larger project.
- May mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- Must have:
- Informatica - able to develop and schedule ETLs using Informatica and provide Informatica admin support
- Oracle/SQL -- knowledge of Oracle and SQL to be able to create usage and monitoring metrics in Oracle, design relational databases/tables adequately.
- Hands on Python, Java or Scala programming.
- Experience in Distributed data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark.
- Experience in AWS cloud.
- Ability to learn new technologies/tools
- Nice to have:
- Netezza - knowledge of Netezza to be able to create and design tables in an efficient manner which takes into consideration reporting needs, usually in Tableau, to structure data adequately for improving report performance
- SAS, Linux, Unix -- basic knowledge of SAS, Unix and Linux
- Tableau - basic knowledge of Tableau.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark and Hive
- IDR/CDC - basic understanding of data replication tools
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.