Responsibilities of the Application Engineer are:
- Using company designed GUI based programmers, complete detailed programming of new and existing fire alarm and suppression panels using various customer provided specifications and drawings. Data received as Autocad, PDF files or other document types.
- Using versions software packages such as Sound Forge and VOX, process professional recorded voices to create voice / tone based messages that are broadcasted via building fire alarm systems.
- Create proprietary graphical annunciation and control screens for computer based product that interfaces with fire alarm systems.
- Provide sales and customers with timely technical support for various Fire Alarm products by addressing or resolving technical software and/or hardware related issues that impact sales, installation, or application of products.
- Work with R&D and Manufacturing Engineering, Sales and Design groups to review specifications and configurations to determine Fire Panel equipment and system requirements.
- Interpret complicated blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications software/systems, programs, schematics and operational product manuals.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop simple to complex custom Fire Panel programs based on supplied specifications for projects ranging from simple standalone panels to complex networked systems.
- Support of existing field software, verifying operation, assisting with field programming and troubleshooting.
- Assist with field modifications and programming of computer based graphic systems.
- Assist with field modification of voice chipsets script programming.
- Ability to support legacy products via programming and knowledge of how they interface and interact with the current product portfolio.
AS or BS (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.