At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Applications Engineer for the Separations and Purification Sciences Division located in Charlotte, NC. At 3M, you can apply your talents in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Senior Applications Engineer
will closely interact with OEM and customers for design support and integration of 3M's Liquid Membrane Contactor technology. The chosen candidate will additionally support Technical Sales and Territory Managers during customer visits for technical and applications assessment.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Assess implementation of liquid membrane contactor technology into new and upcoming applications
- Implementation of safety, capacity and efficiency improvements for current laboratory equipment
- Qualification of new equipment
- Creation of DOE for applications and product development test trials
- Developing standard operating procedure (SOP) for the operation of new and modified applications equipment
- Developing reports for high level failure analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a Science or Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in process engineering, manufacturing engineering and/or laboratory environment
Location: Charlotte, NCTravel: up to 20% domestic/internationalRelocation: Is authorized
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Engineering or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- Engineering technical service background in water treatment systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Expertise with Microsoft office software and data analysis packages
- Experience working with mechanical test equipment
- Rapid Prototyping (including 3D printing) experience
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize and follow through on multiple programs in a timely manner
- Statistical analysis experience
- Previous experience with SolidWorks
- Prototyping experience
- Management of Change project experience
- Calibration and preventative maintenance background
- Successful track record in contributing and working with a cross-functional team
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.