What you will do
Application engineering completes the design and installation drawings, adhering to product standards and specifications as well as federal codes and standards. The application engineer ensures the design is feasible and meets the requirements of the SOW.
Application Engineers job duties include:
What we look for Required Qualifications:
- Creates system design and installation drawings per the SOW.
- Works with engineering services to get drawings in the system and new part number set up.
- Makes modifications to existing designs or products, to improve their performance or to integrate new technology.
- Ensures proper application and use of the proposed product.
- Collaborates with the research and development department to integrate new improvements into designs.
- Assist and work with sales engineer to fully understand customer requirements.
- Work closely with Procurement and Sourcing teams when specifying materials outside the system.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Bachelor degree in Technology or Engineering or similar background through education or related experience.
- 3-5 years of work experience
Who we are
- Project Management
- Process Management / Continuous Improvement
- Team Leadership and Facilitation
- Business data collection and analysis
- Business acumen
- Organizational awareness
- Risk management
- Problem solving
- Written communications
- Time Management
- Presentation skills
- Action oriented
- Customer focus
- Managing through systems
- Learning / change agility
- Drive for results
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.