Applied Materials' Applied Global Services (AGS) division runs a consulting service for customers, FabVantage™. The FabVantage™ Consulting service solves problems related to process tool output, defects, and cost. To support new customer engagements, we are hiring Applications Engineers for Wafer and Edge Inspection. Key Responsibilities
- Provide applications support to develop Surfscan and edge inspection solution for business units
- Help drive vendor roadmaps to map to process roadmap requirements
- Work with AGS teams for customer support
- Through in-depth understanding of customer technologies and critical gaps and work throughout the work cycle until the implementation of the solution
- Technically leads difficult, complex application activities and team
- Leads the execution teams ß-sites, evaluation and demos at customers site, through high involvement in the SOW and commitment schedule
- Interfaces with the customer regarding technical requirements analysis and schedule
- Define/approve Product application support plans for installation
- Create & Lead new methodologies in order to optimized system performance for specific application
- Analysis, Develop and Transfer new application capabilities in the system envelope from product division to customer application support team
- Lead customer Technical review meetings
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- PhD degree in an engineering or science discipline is preferred; MS degree in an engineering or science discipline is required.
- 10 years of related experience in semiconductor equipment industry is required.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.