Oracle is a market share leader in Sports and Entertainment (S&E) point of sale technology. You will sell to Oracle's larger customers and prospects in this industry and geography. You are supported by an industry focused SC and Value Selling team, plus all the resources Oracle has available in marketing, product management, with dedicated inside sales and telemarketing.
Oracle Sports and Entertainment is also redefining the business of Venue Management, with applications that deliver a next-generation Customer Experience along with SaaS products. This includes traditional point of sale products such as Simphony, Inventory, Loyalty, Loss Prevention, and Reporting & Analytics
Detailed Job Description:
This field-level position will be a customer-facing role in place to drive revenue and enable Oracle to maintain its credibility as an industry leader in S&E. This position will require the S&E Application Sales Manager to act as a S&E thought leader within the sales organization and to directly influence existing customer S&E Line of Business Executives and prospects to act in a manner that will benefit their experience from Oracle solutions.
In addition, the S&E Applications Sales Manager will be responsible for expanding the Oracle network in terms of working with geographically-based S&E networking organizations and acting as a representative of Oracle within these organizations. The objective is to expand mindshare and knowledge of the participating individuals and organizations around the benefits and leadership position of Oracle's HCM solutions and strategy.
• Generate license revenue to Oracle by directly selling Oracle's S&E portfolio solutions versus competitive offerings to the Net New marketplace in North America
• Directly up-selling S&E products into existing S&E customers
• Increasing the level of field-readiness and overall competitiveness in S&E by providing sales strategy, competitive positioning, value identification, partner guidance and executive sponsorship
• Creating and executing key sales and business development initiatives to increase sales pipeline
• Prospect Net New and Existing accounts to generate a viable pipeline of S&E license opportunities within an assigned industry-based account list
• Develop and execute sales strategy plans on accounts within assigned territory
• Position Oracle appropriately and effectively with clients considering Oracle solutions
• Develop reference accounts that are willing to be active in sharing their success with Oracle S&E solutions with prospective customers
• Maintain knowledge of the latest trends in the S&E industry
• Actively participate and provide leadership within industry networking organizations
Preferred Job Requirements:
• Job duties are varied and complex requiring independent judgment, collaboration and leadership
• Preferred 5 years Applications sales experience focusing on large, complex strategic accounts
• Highly developed selling, customer relations and negotiations skills with the ability to effectively communicate with C-level executives and line of business representatives
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team-based environment and execute upon agreed strategy
• Ability to penetrate accounts and represent the broader Oracle value proposition as well as specific S&E-based value and capability messaging
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills are staples of the position
• There will be a travel requirement as the position is open to any US location and can be a virtual position
• Bachelor degree or equivalent
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record. Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills. Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.