Starbucks Job Description:
Oracle HGBU F&B is in search of a Global Account Manager (GAM) for the Starbuck's account, located in the Seattle Market The candidate has to be located in the Seattle Market and will have to be able to travel as required to meet the demands of the business.
As the Global Account Manager for one Oracle's HGBU F&B major international accounts, you will be responsible for growing a global book of business at Starbucks; delivering on an annual sales and revenue targets that grow the global book of business.
The Global Account Manager role includes owning and building executive level relationships throughout Starbucks. As part of the relationships the leader will work the various levels within the client to grow the Oracle HGBU F&B relationship in support of the client's mission.
Responsibilities of the Global Account Manager include:
• Execute tactical and strategic sales account plans for existing and new clients in order to achieve the revenue targets (quota) as directed by the Business. This includes the handling of customer queries effectively and dealing with objections during the sales process.
• Establish and maintain a high level of positive and effective contact with key customers, agents, lead generators and others to enhance sales opportunities for new and continuing business development and major key accounts within the portfolio
• Develop and manage a robust pipeline of sales opportunities through the entire sales cycle.
Own and provide leadership to the various business teams as a subject matter expert through the entire sales cycle.
• Maintain up to date and accurate customer sales records, expense plans, budgets and related databases. Responds to customers RFP/RFI Requests in a timely and professional manner to facilitate success
• Maintain constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems within assigned customer base, recognize trends that develop, and make appropriate strategic and tactical sales/marketing recommendations
• Identify opportunities for improvement processes in general working practices and team efficiency
• Work closely with and maintain good working relationships with other functional company departments such as Professional Services, Product Management, Customer Service, Engineering, etc., to ensure company requirements are met or exceeded
Provide business development and thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities and incremental business success. Lead customer product demonstrations and preparation of detailed proposals that highlight value-oriented features of our offerings. Be able to deliver strong communication skills through the various multiple levels of customer contacts (C-suite executives, business and technical advocates). Identification and management of a robust pipeline of activity which will improve year-to-year business growth Have strong solution selling skills, demonstrating strong product knowledge and product/solution currency Development of strong awareness of the various competitive products
Required Skills and Experience:
7 years of proven solution sales experience Minimum 3 years' of sale experience selling into the Hospitality, and/or Retail sector Bachelor's Degree Ability to understand high-level technology concepts and communicate to non-IT executives Expertise in prospecting and developing relationships with C-Level Executives in IT and Business areas applicable to stores and ecommerce Demonstrated quota achievement and territory growth. Enjoyable personality and aptitude for fun, team-oriented and competitive environments Travel 15% as needed Must Live in the Seattle MSA
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Masters or other post-graduate degree would be helpful Software / Services selling experience Aptitude for working within a high profile high customer touch business Qualifications:
Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
Primary job duty is to sell business applications software/solutions and related services to prospective and existing customers. Manage sales through forecasting, account resource allocation, account strategy, and planning. Develop solution proposals encompassing all aspects of the application. Participate in the development, presentation and sales of a value proposition. Negotiate pricing and contractual agreement to close the sale. Identify and develop strategic alignment with key third party influencers.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Provides leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. 12 years applicable experience including 9 years of sales experience. Successful sales track record. Ability to penetrate accounts, meet with stakeholders within accounts. Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors. Interaction with C level players. Team player with strong interpersonal /communication skills. Excellent communication/negotiating/closing skills with prospects/customers. Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.