Provide day-to-day support to both internal and external customers via telephone, email and web contacts for all enterprise applications and services. Log customer orders and resolve, track and escalate any that cannot be immediately resolved. Provide follow-up with callers and support partners as necessary to promote ticket progress towards resolution. Manage call queues and close tickets/orders in a timely fashion.
- Technical Support: Under general supervision, respond to and research and resolve routine to moderately complex issues with internal applications/systems and/or databases. Monitor applications/system and/or database performance, space requirements, data integrity, etc. Implement short term solutions for quick resolution of issues and begin to develop long term solutions to problems that occur. Performs backups where applicable and be on call with 24 hour support coverage when needed.
- Analysis/Design: Under general supervision, analyze routine to moderately complex software deployments to ensure that transition to production is seamless and without faults. Conduct maintenance programming to resolve any issues that are found. Additionally, analyze frequently occurring operational and performance issues with supported applications/systems and/or databases and assess what software re-development/enhancement/patch needs to occur to address issues. Design technical requirements, program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), screens, files and reports for the solution.
- Coding: Develop and maintain code, apply structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Use available utilities to simplify tasks, and develop and maintain file management modules. Apply object oriented development methodology in development efforts to effectively re-use code whenever possible. Participate in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Coordinate, setup, and conduct integration testing to ensure that software meets the specifications and that deployment will have no issues with the other components of the application/system and/or database. Develop and execute unit and system test plans. Develops system test data and performs system, parallel and stress testing for the developed software enhancements.
- Communication: Provides input to peers, management and customers for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to their peers, customers and management.
- Documentation: Document support issues and solutions. Prepare design documentation for all maintenance programming and/or re-development/enhancement/patches. Prepare and maintain deployment documentation for internal applications/systems/database and/or third party vendor packages.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.