Responsible for the support of applications/systems/database and third party software programs. Deploys the release of re-designed modules, upgrades and new technologies as well as design, install, configure, and maintain supported software. Analyze design and functional specifications. Ensure that deployments will successfully migrate in to production without faults. Resolve issues regarding operations, including installations, setups, error messages, on-line transactions, system status and downtime procedures, etc. Ensure end user satisfaction by providing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving problems.
- Technical Support: Under general supervision, respond to and research and resolve routine to moderately complex issues with internal applications/systems and/or databases. Monitor applications/system and/or database performance, space requirements, data integrity, etc. Implement short term solutions for quick resolution of issues and begin to develop long term solutions to problems that occur. Performs backups where applicable and be on call with 24 hour support coverage when needed.
- Analysis/Design: Under general supervision, analyze routine to moderately complex software deployments to ensure that transition to production is seamless and without faults. Conduct maintenance programming to resolve any issues that are found. Additionally, analyze frequently occurring operational and performance issues with supported applications/systems and/or databases and assess what software re-development/enhancement/patch needs to occur to address issues. Design technical requirements, program specifications and flowcharts, (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), screens, files and reports for the solution.
- Coding: Develop and maintain code, apply structured programming techniques and adhere to coding standards. Use available utilities to simplify tasks, and develop and maintain file management modules. Apply object oriented development methodology in development efforts to effectively re-use code whenever possible. Participate in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Coordinate, setup, and conduct integration testing to ensure that software meets the specifications and that deployment will have no issues with the other components of the application/system and/or database. Develop and execute unit and system test plans. Develops system test data and performs system, parallel and stress testing for the developed software enhancements.
- Communication: Provides input to peers, management and customers for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to their peers, customers and management.
- Documentation: Document support issues and solutions. Prepare design documentation for all maintenance programming and/or re-development/enhancement/patches. Prepare and maintain deployment documentation for internal applications/systems/database and/or third party vendor packages.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RR Donnelley will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Ordinance.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.