Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Collaborate with subject matter experts in those units to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in most or all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Collaborate with managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in new or revised application.
- Develop detailed specifications of application and document in a form that it can be used for coding application.
- Perform or review coding done to render specifications into application functionalities, screens, or outputs.
- Develop test plan and/or test application in development status or debug application in production mode.
- Document or review documentation of steps in specification development, coding, testing and user acceptance for future reference and for internal control purposes.
- May lead a small project or a segment of a larger project.
- May mentor or provide technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5 years of related experience
- 5 years of experience leading production support teams, either L1, L2 or L3 related teams
- 5 years of experience providing technical subject matter expertise in IT teams
- 3 years of experience working as a technical lead including mentoring junior team members
- 3 years of experience in Unix shell scripting as well as scheduling (Autosys)
- Strong interpersonal skills with well-developed emotional intelligence. Ability to build consensus, present technical concepts to non-technical audience, make recommendations and influence various stakeholders at all levels
- Able to juggle multiple parallel, and at times conflicting, priorities
- Strong leadership skills to guide ad hoc teams in identifying system issues and developing solutions, including overseeing implementation of resulting solutions
- Responsible, organized, self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- An understanding of Agile development practices
- Experience with Oracle and SQL creation
- Experience in design, development and code review of J2EE using various J2EE technologies like XML, Spring, Hibernate, and EJB
- Experience in development and deployment with WebLogic, JBoss or TCServer App server technologies
- Experience with SOA & Messaging (SOAP, RESTful, JMS, ESB, EMS, TIBCO)
- Mortgage Industry knowledge preferred
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.