We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative plant molecular cell biologist, molecular biologist, or biochemist to join our Applied Cell Biology Team and drive the continued development of our genome editing pipelines. The successful candidate will be adept at working in a dynamic, team-based environment and specialize in designing and conducting experiments aimed at the optimization of delivery of molecular reagents such as proteins and nucleic acids into plant cells by a variety of mechanical and biological delivery methods.
Responsibilities include Agrobacterium-mediated transformation of crop species; regular, timely communication of research results to team members and leadership; presentations for team meetings; and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-based environment. The individual should work well both independently; in a team environment; and have demonstrated a high proficiency for attention to detail. Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company focused on enabling farmers around the world to produce more from their farms, both large and small. As our climate changes and population grows, we're striving to feed additional billions safely, affordably, and with minimal environmental impact.
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture.
Sound like a job for you? Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
- MS in Plant Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related field; but Ph.D. in Plant Biology, Plant Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or related field is preferred.
- Demonstration of a strong technical knowledge of plant molecular biology and/ or plant biochemistry is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to work as part of a team and across functions in a
- dynamic work environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in scientific technical writing.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting research results and setting direction for research projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on established timelines.
- Familiarity with statistics applications, i.e. R studio, MINITAB, or SAS to analyze scientific data.
- Familiarity with genome editing applications to design gRNA and analyze genome editing data.
- Familiarity with databases and Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Spotfire.
- Technical/practical experience with plant tissue culture of crop species and Agrobacterium-mediated plant transformation is preferred, but not required.
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.