We are part of Microsoft AI & Research group connecting applied research to consumer and enterprise products. Specifically, we work on three end-product initiatives -- (1) free form question-answering system that powers Bing and Cortana (2) algorithms to bring the most relevant search results for user queries on Bing.com and (3 ) powering machine reading comprehension for Microsoft's enterprise products.
These end products impact hundreds of millions of users and we are looking for strong candidates to join our team in our endeavor to bring deep learning powered AI to our customers. In terms of technology, we work on all facets of deep learning including, but not limited to, RNN, CNN, VAE, GAN, transfer learning and reinforcement learning. With the power of truly big data and end user applications used by millions, we aim to reshape how people interact with technology in their daily life to make them more productive both at home and work.
We are hiring extremely talented and highly motivated Applied Scientists with expertise in machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing, data mining and large scale distributed computation. We expect candidates to be part of fast-cycle, high visibility projects where they drive projects from incubation to shipping to our end users. We are hiring at all levels of deep learning experience.
Our Scientists have the following attributes:
• Strong ability and effectiveness working in a significant technical problem domain, in the term of plan, design, execution, continuous release and service operation
• Passionate and self-motivated
• Ability to effectively work on multiple projects in a collaborative environment
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong ability in self-learning, entering new domain, managing through uncertainty in an innovative team environment
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Applied Mathematics. PhD preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in the areas of machine learning, deep learning, information retrieval, natural language processing or data mining
• 2+ years of experience using C++, C# or Java
• 2+ years of experience working with massive database applications, parallel or distributed processing, high performance computing or large-scale data mining
• 2+ years of experience with Hadoop, Dryad or similar distributed systems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.