Appointment Services Director
The Appointment Services Director serves as the CRM enterprise contact responsible for managing one of a series of HCA enterprise-wide appointment service programs designed to improve patient experience and care coordination. This role is instrumental in driving growth and strengthening the program for improvement in patient connection with the next level of care post discharge in a number of care settings. Develop and share program information in appropriate medium to Division VPs and Hospital Leadership teams to identify optimization opportunities,best practices and resolution of process problems.
Communicate widely regarding approved changes ensuring coordination with NCCM leadership and Quality Organization through appropriate channels. Capable of evaluating impact of process change opportunities and guiding the implementation of the changes through the organization. This leader will also be assigned to critical pilot projects for the Appointment Services efforts that might be applied to new opportunities. Key Responsibilities:
- Leads enterprise appointment services program and report-out on ROI impact to Division and Specific Facilities
- Understands Division and Facility Business Plans and uses the Appointment Services efforts to assist the organization in delivering on key Business Plan Metrics.
- Manages overall performance through interaction with Division/Facility VPs, C-suite leaders, departmental directors, and project leads, Participates in working meetings to create effective change management to existing Division and Facility processes.
- Monitors the KPIs to proactively address issues and use scalable standards.
- Coordinates with NCCM to assimilate PCL Feedback, share stakeholder feedback and monitor SLA adherence by NCCM and PCLs. Sets the standard by which the Quality group in NCCM gives feedback to PCLs on call quality.
- Identifies and targets facilities/divisions with lower appointment rates and collaborates with both the RVP of CRM and AVP of Appointment Services on issues and recommended actions.
- Reviews performance data regularly with facility executive sponsors and facility teams. Constantly uses performance metrics to drive process change and to create a burning platform for the implementation of optimization of key Appointment Services Activities.
- Collaborates with the AVP of Appointment Services to improve operations and clinical innovation opportunities that would potentially impact the best practices recommendations.
- Drive appointment services program development and growth.
- Provide centralized source of communications across the enterprise.
- Hospital Operations
- Clinic Operations
- Program Management
- Financial/budget management
- Knowledgeable about Change Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Facilitating Division level Executive Audiences
- Leadership in both direct lines of report and across functional areas through consensus building
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, especially Microsoft Project and Power Point
Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Great ability to create influence across the organization and especially in the field. Has the ability to read situations and groups and adapt their leadership style to that situation.
- Has a great ability to effectively drive collaboration even when the reports are not Direct Reports. Has a powerful ability to coalesce support without direct power.
- Building Strategic Work Relationships - Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of goals and support the optimization effort.
- Customer Focus - Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities
- Patient Centric. Understands the impact of Appointment Services on the Patient Experience and Care Coordination.
- High Impact Communications - clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicates in a focused and compelling way that drives others' thoughts and actions
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
- Gaining Commitment - uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifies own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- 7 plus of experience with managing transformational products, ideas or initiatives to successful adoption, preferably in healthcare clinical operations or information systems-oriented environments.
- At least 3 years of the experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- HCA and HCA-based systems knowledge
- Hospital Operations
- Healthcare operations experience
- CRM contact centers and/or HCA shared services experience
- PMP certifications preferred, but not required
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom