Primary purpose of the Job
- Will need to learn to setup and operate Wire and Die Sinker EDM machine perform and edit Programs from PC. Will need to learn to use CNC Surface Grinders, Mills and Lathes to form the required electrode's. Use of CMM for verification of key dimension. Understanding of basic CNC codes, geometry, tool setting. At the completion of the two-year program candidate will be expected to efficiently run the EDM cell consisting of one mill, two EDM sinkers and one CMM.
Major activities/Key challenges
- The position is to make EDM (Electrical Discharge Machinist) slots.
- Will be training with the leads of the EDM area.
- Requires setting up the machines; and operating: taking the electrodes that are on the bars and placing them in the machine, then burning the screw that were before put in the machine with tools.
- Set up and operate EDM programs. Will be setting up and operating CNC surface grinder to refurbish electrodes.
- Must be able to read micrometers and blueprints and perform Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures should be able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, areas, circumferences and volume.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be able to run production to 80% efficiency and meet the work order requirement's.
- Comply to all the safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Comply to all the safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be self-motivated, flexible and have good communication skills.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Must have 1-2 years experience
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and work instructions
- Understanding of cutting tools (and offset geometry)
- Must be able to run multiple machines
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs (may not exceed per EHS policies)
- Understanding of 5S principals; Sort, Simplify, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain
- Must be able to use the necessary measuring tools (Micrometers, Calipers, Dial Indicators, Comparator, Gages, etc) as required
- Must be Lock, Tag, and Verify (LTV) authorized within a year of employment
- SPC knowledge highly desirable, mathematical skill and system 22
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 1 Years of experience.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refuge
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Daily Management, Kaizen teams and workshops, One-Piece-Flow, Standardized Work, etc.
- Experience applying 5S to the work area/department; sort, simplify, shine, standardize, and sustain.
- Experience performing autonomous maintenance
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.