At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need motivated people who want to make a difference. Right now, we are seeking an Apprentice Electrician that will be a solid contributor within Vivint Solar. The Apprentice Electrician is responsible for assisting the Journeyman Electrician and Installation Crew installing, maintaining and troubleshooting electrical components of our residential solar projects. In this role, you will report directly to a Crew Foreman within the Field Operations group.
- Assist the Journeyman Electrician with installing electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer's residential property
- Perform work as instructed by the Journeyman Electrician and ensuring that it is of good workmanship and compliant with current NEC and local codes
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve electrical issues
- Interface with Electrical Manager to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements
- Work with the Crew to clean the work area and prevent leaving any trash or tools behind
- Work with the Crew to ensure all required parts to complete that day's work are stocked and available on the truck
- Maintain high quality control on tools, vehicles and materials needed for job responsibilities
- Maintain compliance to all PPE and safety regulations per OSHA and Vivint Solar standards
- Perform other needed job tasks as requested by leadership
- Valid and current Electrical Trainee License within the state
- Experience with electrical installation, troubleshooting and repair
- Understanding of wire and conduit sizing as well as how to make adjustments for environmental factors
- Ability to perform basic electrical calculations
- Ability to read and interpret one line drawings and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of the 2011 NEC and the ability to navigate the guidelines
- Ability to follow instructions and performance guidelines
- Must be willing to work in high places (our installations are on rooftops)
- Must have an active Electrical Trainee license within the state
- Minimum of 1 year of electrical installation and repair experience
- Minimum of 1 year of electrical apprenticeship experience
- Working knowledge of the usage of a volt meter
- Working knowledge and experience replacing residential electrical services and distribution panels
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.